Career With Us
Candidates must have a passionate enthusiasm for research and a strong background in one of the fields stated below. They should be self-motivated, enjoy working as a team and constantly seek new challenges. They should also possess the ability to take the initiative, work independently and be motivated to work in a highly collaborative and international research environment, and be able to demonstrate creativity, technical independence and excellent communication skills.
- PhD in one of the following fields: cognitive neuroscience, computational neuroscience, mathematics/statistics/machine learning, neuropsychiatric disorders, neuropsychology, neuroimaging analyses, or related-fields
- Strong interest in studying cognitive brain networks in ageing and neuropsychiatric disorders
- Strong interest in developing computational/machine learning approach for multimodal neuroimaging data
- Prior experience in fMRI/EEG/DTI is a plus
Key attractions are access to a 3T Prisma MR scanner and a MR compatible digital EEG system as well as collaboration opportunities with an excellent network of domestic and international scientists and clinicians. Competitive package will be provided based on experience. Interested applicants are welcome to email Assoc. Prof. Helen Zhou at firstname.lastname@example.org with the application letter, curriculum vitae, three references, and contact information.
Applicants interested in cognitive neuroscience, brain connectivity, computational neuroscience, neuroinformatics, and/or neuroimaging in neuropsychiatric disorders, research are welcomed to apply. Key attractions are access to a 3T Prisma MR scanner and a MR compatible digital EEG system as well as research opportunities with an excellent network of domestic and international scientists and clinicians. Interested applicants are welcomed to contact Assoc. Prof. Helen Zhou for a discussion at email@example.com.
Some useful information about PhD programs and scholarships offered in Singapore:
2. National University of Singapore (NUS)
Research Associates / Research Assistants
The Multimodal Neuroimaging in Neuropsychiatric Disorders Laboratory (MNNDL), Center for Cognitive Neuroscience at Duke-NUS Medical School, National University of Singapore (NUS) is looking for research associates/assistants in medical imaging analysis.
You will support the effort in conducting cutting-edge neuroscience research and development. You will have the opportunity to learn state-of-the-art neuroimaging techniques, data collection and analysis, with healthy participants and patients with neuropsychiatric diseases. You are also expected to learn new techniques, implement the methods, and assist researchers in various research projects and manuscripts. The successful candidates will develop, implement, maintain and operate software for the analysis of 3-D and 4-D MRI/fMRI data.
- Implementation of image processing algorithms
- Development, maintenance and testing of software for the image analysis group
- Utilising existing analysis packages
- Liaising and working with other clinical collaborators on research projects
- Quality control of imaging data and support image analysis
- Contributing to the presentations and publications
- Master's degree or Bachelor’s degree with honours in one of the following domains: engineering, computer science, mathematics/statistics will receive due consideration. Candidates with background in neuroscience and psychology with background in neuroimaging analysis are very welcomed.
- Excellent written, oral communication, and computer skills
- Prior programming experience is necessary with strong desire in medical image analysis
- Organized, reliable and self-motivated individual who is able to work effectively with others and multitask efficiently
Key attractions are access to a 3T Prisma MR scanner and a MR compatible digital EEG system as well as collaboration opportunities with an excellent network of domestic and international scientists and clinicians. Recruitment will be done on a rolling basis. Salary and benefits are competitive and will depend on qualifications and work experience.
All candidates must have excellent IT skills and a strong desire to work in the field of medical image analysis. Salary is commensurate with experience. Interested applicants are welcome to email Assoc. Prof. Helen Zhou at firstname.lastname@example.org with the application letter, curriculum vitae, and contacts of two references.
Due to limited lab capacity, our lab can only host a small number of interns each year. Interns join a vibrant research team for a minimum of 3 months (full-time) or 6 months (part-time), supporting ongoing experiments in the course of learning about research in cognitive neuroscience and vulnerability factors of neuropsychiatric disorders.
To ensure a good fit with the lab, we only consider candidates who demonstrate the following:
If you are keen to do an internship with our lab, please email both Assoc. Prof. Helen Zhou at email@example.com and cc Dr. Eric Ng at firstname.lastname@example.org with the application letter, curriculum vitae, transcript, and the possible letter of endorsement/school requirements.