Career With Us
Candidates must have a passionate enthusiasm for research and a strong background in one of the fields stated below. They should be self-motivated, enjoy working as a team and constantly seek new challenges. They should also possess the ability to take the initiative, work independently and be motivated to work in a highly collaborative and international research environment, and be able to demonstrate creativity, technical independence and excellent communication skills.
- PhD in one of the following fields: cognitive neuroscience, neuropsychiatric disorders, neuropsychology, neuroimaging analyses, mathematics/statistics/machine learning or related-fields
- Strong interest in studying social-emotion/cognition/memory functions and/or analyzing multimodal neuroimaging data, for neuropsychiatric disorders
- Prior experience in behavioral experiment design for fMRI/EEG is a plus
- Proven skills in fMRI/EEG/DTI data analyses is a plus but not essential
Key attractions are access to a 3T Prisma MR scanner and a MR compatible digital EEG system as well as collaboration opportunities with an excellent network of domestic and international scientists and doctors. Competitive package will be provided based on experience. Interested applicants are welcome to email Dr. Zhou at firstname.lastname@example.org with the application letter, curriculum vitae, three references, and contact information.
Applicants interested in neuroimaging analysis, computational neuroscience, neuroinformatics, neuropsychiatric disorders, or cognitive neuroscience research are welcomed to apply. Key attractions are access to a 3T Prisma MR scanner and a MR compatible digital EEG system as well as research opportunities with an excellent network of domestic and international scientists. Interested applicants are welcomed to contact Dr. Zhou for a discussion at email@example.com.
Some useful information about PhD programs and scholarships offered in Singapore:
2. National University of Singapore (NUS)
Research Associates / Research Assistants
The Multimodal Neuroimaging in Neuropsychiatric Disorders Laboratory (MNNDL), Center for Cognitive Neuroscience at Duke-NUS Medical School, National University of Singapore (NUS) is looking for research associates/assistants in medical imaging analysis. This is a joint effort between Duke-NUS and the medical image analysis group at Clinical Imaging Research Centre (CIRC), a multi-disciplinary team that supports translational clinical research. CIRC is a collaboration between A*STAR and NUS, with a world-class imaging platform for research into Magnetic Resonance (MR) and Positron Emission Tomography (PET) imaging.
The MNNDL group at Duke-NUS studies the human neural bases of social-emotion, cognition, and memory functions and the associated vulnerability patterns in neuropsychiatric disorders. Multimodal neuroimaging and psychophysical techniques are employed, including magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), functional brain MRI, diffusion tensor imaging, and electroencephalography (EEG).
You will support the effort in conducting cutting-edge neuroscience research and development. You will have the opportunity to learn state-of-the-art neuroimaging techniques, data collection and analysis, with healthy participants and patients with neuropsychiatric diseases. You are also expected to learn new techniques and assist researchers in various research projects. The successful candidates will develop, implement, maintain and operate software for the analysis of 3-D and 4-D MRI/fMRI data.
- Implementation of image processing algorithms
- Development, maintenance and testing of software for the image analysis group
- Utilising existing analysis packages
- Liaising and working with other collaborators on research projects
- Quality control of imaging data and support image analysis
- Contributing to the presentations and publications
- Master's degree or Bachelor’s degree with honours in one of the following domains: engineering computer science, mathematics/statistics will receive due consideration
- Excellent written, oral communication, and computer skills
- Prior programming experience is necessary with strong desire in medical image analysis
- Organized, reliable and self-motivated individual who is able to work effectively with others and multitask efficiently
Key attractions are access to a 3T Prisma MR scanner and a MR compatible digital EEG system as well as collaboration opportunities with an excellent network of domestic and international scientists and doctors. Recruitment will be done on a rolling basis. Salary and benefits are competitive and will depend on qualifications and work experience.
All candidates must have excellent IT skills and a strong desire to work in the field of medical image analysis. Salary is commensurate with experience. Interested applicants are welcome to email Assistant Professor Helen Zhou at firstname.lastname@example.org with the application letter, curriculum vitae, and contacts of two references.
Due to limited lab capacity, our lab can only host a small number of interns each year. Interns join a vibrant research team for a minimum of 3 months, supporting ongoing experiments in the course of learning about research in cognitive neuroscience and vulnerability factors of neuropsychiatric disorders.
To ensure a good fit with the lab, we only consider candidates who demonstrate the following:
If you are keen to do an internship with our lab, please email both Dr. Helen Zhou at email@example.com and cc Dr. Eric Ng at firstname.lastname@example.org with the application letter, curriculum vitae, and your transcript